Thread: DDI Downloader
View Single Post
miatamaniac

Old July 26th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Hi all, I'm definitely a rookie here. I've been spending a lot of time researching the particular problem I have been having with the ddidownloader and have so far come up short on all aspects. I have read the other problems here and am a bit worried about the problem that I am experiencing considering I can't even get the ddidownloader to properly initialize the full download, which brings me to my problem:

I have access to a subscription of D&D Insider that I can log into and browse all the tools that are available. I can create characters using their builder, search the compendium database, etc. However, whenever I run ddidownloader (as an admin) and select option 2 (I have a D&D Insider Account) and I enter my user name and password, I am repeatedly told that my credentials cannot be found and that either my username and/or password do not match. It then forces me to quit the downloader program. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a new issue that has yet to be ironed out?

Also, I CAN download the information as a non-DDI subscriber, but every single item in HL along with most every class and other "choose-able" options in HL are listed as "no description" and have no output values. So a Bastard Sword or a Great Axe have no damage value, weight, properties, etc. and the classes have no pertinent information on hit points and other key details. It's as if all the DDI data files contain no information.

I appreciate any and all help that can be given here. If this was posted incorrectly, I do apologize. As I said, I'm still learning.
miatamaniac is offline   #44 Reply With Quote