View Single Post
Nikmal

Old May 25th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmaxneo View Post
Hello all!
Realm Works looks like a program for me and I was about to purchase it when I thought of an important question:
1. Can I use another cloud storage service with Realm Works?

I currently have three different cloud storage services (all free), Dorpbox with 50gb, Google, and Microsoft onedrive. I don't want to have to manage another cloud service much less have to pay a subscription fee. I really wouldn't use it that much, unless...which leads into another question:

2. Will Realm Works still function normally if I do not have it connected to a cloud service?

Bruce
As an important point of reference. There is no need of "managing" a cloud service for Realm Works. It does all the managing. All you do is to once in a while (if you use it that is) is to sync it with their server. You can both work offline and or online with the realm you created.

As has been mentioned too... the only time you need to connect with the internet is to create a Ream though. There is no need for cloud service. No need to purchase anything beyond the original purchase. No need to pay for the cloud service unless you want to be able to have the ability to share with your players via that same cloud and some of the other features too. This is a very cool thing. Having your players be able to access it during their offtime from not sitting at the table and contribute their ideas and such directly to your database... through the players version is very cool
Nikmal is offline   #10 Reply With Quote