View Single Post
ibecker

Old March 30th, 2015, 11:39 PM
(I thought I had seen this mentioned before, but after searching a bit, I didn't find it - I apologize if this has already appeared in the forum.)

I often find myself entering multiple subsections with identical structures into a Topic. Currently, we can only define an optional custom section by its header, and it only appears in the "Add Section => Above/Below This One => Custom Section" list until it is added once. Thus if there is a section structure that appears more than once in a given part of a Topic, it must be added by hand every time after the first. It would be nice if we could define the custom section by a separate label, and then add the section an arbitrary number of times, with different section names each time in the Topic.

As a simple example, for those familiar with GURPS:
An advantage (e.g. "Allies") might have several different optional enhancements (e.g. "Minion", "Summonable", etc.). Each enhancement has a name (the subsection title), a point cost adjustment (numerical snippet), and a description (text snippet).

Currently, for each enhancement to a given advantage, I have to add a custom section, then a custom numerical snippet, then a custom text snippet, and only then fill in the data. It would be nice if I could, in my "GURPS: Advantage" category, add a repeatable subsection labelled "Enhancement", that would add the blank subsection (with an empty heading) and the two snippets, so I could then just fill in the name of the section and the data, and then do the same for the next enhancement to the same advantage.

-Ian
ibecker is offline   #1 Reply With Quote