View Single Post
Silveras

Old January 31st, 2019, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintain View Post
Right, I saw that you can create any type of article under any type of category.

What that leads me to be is what is the general purpose of each category type...Dangers seem to lead toward monsters and such, what type of content should be under "source", ideally.
A lot of that becomes "whatever you want to put there".

RealmWorks is intended to be very flexible, and to accommodate what you want to do. If you do not like the existing Categories, for example, you can make your own (or clone of the standard ones to start, then modify your copy as you like). You can alter the standard Categories to better reflect your needs, but since the Content Market (sold content) pretty much depends on the standard Categories to have at least the snippets they have now, adding is much safer than re-naming or removing snippets. That said, I find it easier to just make my own custom copies. I have long since given up on buying anything from the Content Market.

So, Sources. As a recent debate here went, some people want to group their content "by book", and others don't. A Source, in my opinion, is best used as a "root" topic to hold content you want to export together for re-import into a working Realm. When there are multiple books (MM1, MM2, MM3, etc.), it sometimes makes more sense to just have "Monsters" as a root topic, and to ignore the MM1, MM2, MM3, etc. -- that way, all the grouped monsters (ex. Demons, Devils, Angels, etc.) that have one or two entries in each book are now combined.

And that means the Source topic itself will likely have little content.. maybe the OGL (or equivalent) if you plan to distribute it.

But that's just one way to do it. In the end, it can be what you want. Sources are a little different in that they cannot be children of other topics (last I looked, anyway), but things like Monsters can be grouped under General Articles named "A", "B", "C", and so on (although you would likely want to set those to be "Never" link targets).
Silveras is offline   #6 Reply With Quote