Thread: Errors in 3.7
View Single Post
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlarman View Post
Is anyone else having trouble making a "utility belt" by the guide line in the book using hero lab(ie paying full price fore most expensive eeffect the 2 pp each for rest?) im trying to make it come out on equipment side. so i had to buy each piece seperately- at full price then add a container titled 'utility belt' heare what i think is the bug it only alows gear not weapons as in book)
Ah. This is more due to a mild ambiguity of terms and the separation of equipment and powers as equipment. To create a utility belt, you would have to do the Device as Equipment option under the equipment add (not the weapons and armor add even though most items built with powers are essentially weapons and armor) and then set up the other equipment as APs. Unfortunately, that means creating everything out of whole cloth rather than just selecting it off the list. It's a minor thing in my opinion since most people building a utility belt are looking to go a step or two above normal equipment values, but it is something to note.

Containers are essentially to group equipment together so that you can transfer equipment. Say, you toss your rucksack across rooftops to a teammate. There's a way to transfer those items in HeroLab so that they're attached to him.
Duggan is offline   #16 Reply With Quote