View Single Post
bodrin

Old August 4th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Okay i'm back to adding the Axe Orc Double as a race weapon for the Improved Weapon Famliarity feat (Complete Warrior page 101).

I've replaced the Standard wAxeOrcDbl thing with my modified wCoWaAxDbl thing and put in this code:-

Code:
~ If you're an Half-Orc and you have Improved Weapon Familiarity then you're proficient with all Orcish weapons.
var hasfeat as number

if (hero.tagis[Race.HalfOrc] + #hasfeat[fImpWepFam] <> 0 ) then
    perform hero.assign[wEasyRace.HalfOrc]
    perform hero.assign[WepProf.wAxeOrcDbl]
    perform hero.assign[WepProf.wCoWaAxDbl]
    endif

~ If you're an Orc and you have Improved Weapon Familiarity then you're proficient with all Orcish weapons.
var hasfeat as number

if (hero.tagis[Race.Orc] + #hasfeat[fImpWepFam] <> 0 ) then
    perform hero.assign[wEasyRace.Orc]
    perform hero.assign[WepProf.wAxeOrcDbl]
    perform hero.assign[WepProf.wCoWaAxDbl]
    endif
When I add a fighter level and the Feat my New version of the Axe Orc Double is shown as selectable for a Half Orc and an Orc, but when I add the weapon which isn't greyed out I get the Non-Proficient blue circle with a line through it.

I've looked at the tags on my hero in the info windows.

The Race.Orc and Race.HalfOrc tags and the Improved Weapon Familiarity tags are assigned okay.

And the wEasyRace.Orc and wEasyRace.HalfOrc tags are also in place assigned by the wCoWaAxeDbl version of the Axe Orc Double.

Although when I tick the Easy if race boxes on the weapon panel in the editor, and reload the files, the weapon works as it should if i select an orc or half orc.

How do I get rid of the Non proficiency penalty imposed by the rules when I have this Complete warrior feat?

I'm wondering if as the Orc, HalfOrc races don't have the weapon familiarity as standard in their SRD description, like gnomes or dwarves, if this is a cause of the anomaly?
bodrin is offline   #7 Reply With Quote