View Single Post
Maidhc O Casain

Old April 5th, 2013, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
Do you want it to be an automatic language?
Nope - just legal as a starting language. Thanks, though - that makes a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfox View Post
You can make your custom language a legal starting language for all characters by removing the prerequisites. In the editor, under the Languages tab, select your custom language. The second check box down is "Don't generate pre-requisite?". Selecting this will remove the restrictions on when a character can and cannot take the language.
Well, that's what I thought as well. But for our Living Pathfinder group I've made all of the regional languages in the editor and selected the "Don't generate a pre-requisite?" box. Then I make an Aasimar character with a 12 INT and select one, but it still shows up red and I get the validation error "Deltan: Language may not be taken as a starting language."

It may be worth noting that we've got a specific language (Low Landellian) that we've substituted for "Common." (Thanks to great users here who helped with that, BTW). I'm not sure if the mechanics we used for that are interfering. I'm attaching the .user file for LPF in case someone with more expertise than I has the time and would be willing to take a look at it.
Attached Files
File Type: email MCP LPF HouseRules.user (36.4 KB, 2 views)
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #8 Reply With Quote