View Single Post
zarlor

Old April 30th, 2016, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
Given past history, I don't think "no chance of interference" is possible here. I'm sure Shane has taken what precautions he can, but Kevin's history is what it is, and its pretty bad.
You may be right, of course, but I can say that from my interactions with Shane and other Pinnacle folks as well following them very closely ever since Hell on Earth came out in 1998 and the infamous Teller was GMing our game for us. Their track record is downright impeccable. Their Kickstarter record speaks for itself. The only things I can think of that ever fell through (and those did not have dates set in stone like this Kickstarter does) had to do with media rights for things like a Deadlands show. The only other slippages tended to deal with external authors but I don't remember any of those having concrete dates to begin with, and even those were before any of his Kickstarters anyway... all of those have been solidly delivered. In my experience Shane is not only good at covering his bases but when it comes to releasing details to his customers, and especially when he makes a promise, he flat follows through on it. It's that kind of behavior that not only leads me to trust him but that has made me a very loyal fan of PEG, Inc. over all of these years.

Of course in this instance there's no pressing need to back the Kickstarter if you're concerned about it since it's already funded. If you wanted to get the setting you can just wait and see how it all works out and just buy it from Pinnacle if you like what you see then. Backing the Kickstarter just gets you stuff earlier (even pre-published, but might need a final polish, set of PDFs if you want things that early) and helps support stretch goals for extra stuff to be included in the final product as well as to get any Kickstarter exclusive things (although I'm not sure if there are any for this, mind you.)

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #15 Reply With Quote