View Single Post
Sendric

Old June 1st, 2018, 06:08 AM
Bug report re: psicrystals

Multiple errors. First is a pop-up message that I can't seem to track down, but occurs when I add a psicrystal to a portfolio through the Other tab, and again whenever I try to change anything (like skill ranks):

Code:
Attempt to access field 'cTotalLev' that does not exist for thing 'rPUPsicrys'
Location: 'field calculate' script for Field 'xTotalLev' near line 148
- - -
Attempt to access field 'cSpcBonLev' that does not exist for thing 'rPUPsicrys'
Location: 'field calculate' script for Field 'xTotalLev' near line 148
Second, there is an error message regarding how many skill ranks have been used caused by the last script removing all skill ranks. I created a work around for this:

Code:
      ~ Remove skill points &
       #resmax[resSkill] = master.hero.child[resSkill].field[resMax].value
Third, psicrystals have a minimum rank of 4 in each of Perception and Stealth regardless of what the master has. I added the following to the final script to work around this as well, though there is probably a better way:

Code:
~ Set our Perception and Stealth, min 4 ranks
  var perbon as number
  var stbon as number
  perbon = maximum(0,4 - hero.child[skPercep].field[skUser].value)
  stbon = maximum(0,4 - hero.child[skStealth].field[skUser].value)
  #skillbonus[skPercep] += perbon
  #skillbonus[skStealth] += stbon
This doesn't update the ranks (which would probably cause HL to post an error anyway, but it does provide a bonus equal to the number of ranks you should have.

Last, the psicrystal seems to be getting a +7 untyped bonus to Stealth for some reason. I tracked down a +6 bonus at the top of the second script and removed it, but there's another +1 somewhere I haven't found. Admittedly, I haven't read the full rules on psicrystals, but I can't seem to find anything that provides them with a +1, +6 or +7 bonus to Stealth.
Sendric is offline   #1568 Reply With Quote