View Single Post
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 5th, 2018, 08:50 AM
In case you haven't gotten into the walkthrough for the Sample Data System, it takes what's essentially a skeleton of a fantasy RPG system (it's vaguely like D&D) and has you create Savage Worlds step by step (which is surprisingly useful because it includes steps such as adding a completely different attribute, or defense, system, while pulling out the old one). I'm personally stalled somewhere in the Character Sheet section because it's close to my final step before I can make the system I'm adapting useful to my players, and I'm a bit too much of a perfectionist in terms of getting things right.

:-P Although learn from my example... rather than implement Savage Worlds through the walkthrough, I started implementing a completely different game system using those pages as a guideline, and that means I'm still not done with it a year later. I sometimes think I should just power through the Savage Worlds conversion over a weekend to get a better overview.

The wiki is a bit incomplete, complete with redlinks (or whatever color they use for "this page doesn't exist yet"), but it does have a lot of information in it. With a proper lexer and parser, one could probably slot the code into an IDE and have a much easier time at it.
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote