View Single Post
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 17th, 2009, 10:44 AM
The problem with adding the capability to handle spells has been the lack of examples. So far there are only two example spell sets - the very generic dozen in the Core rules, and a few from Demon Hunters, but there are very few rules for how to set them up in any of the games.

Would you mind posting the rules for how your setting's spells work? That way I can make sure that once I do support spells, I support yours, too (for example, based on the other two systems, I hadn't planned on adding the option to charge AP for them).

In the meantime, the best thing I can come up with for recording purposes is to add them as d0 Assets, and then have your players record the AP expenditures on the Journal page (you can add a negative AP journal to represent spending AP on something that can't be handled with the advancement mechanisms).

Reason #2 for spells not being in the initial release was of course time - A number of the optional additions to the Core rules didn't make it in, in favor of adding the basics of all 5 games.

Last edited by Mathias; July 17th, 2009 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Added reason #2
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote