View Single Post
Opus

Old July 17th, 2014, 07:04 AM
Before I get into my venting, I want to say that I truly do appreciate the volunteer work. Having said that, your reply really rubs me the wrong way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlong05 View Post
Please read the forums. It has been discussed in many threads that Lonewolf CANNOT lend a hand as that would open them to legal action by GW.

Lonewolf has provided everything that the purchased license outlined. All users are free to create the files they want using the Built in ABCreator toolset. Files from the maintainer group will be provided when they are ready. We cannot speed this process up, and not all files are promised as the cost to own the rules are quickly becoming unrealistic for a single person to own.
1. If some of their people volunteered (no reimbursement, no ownership), I am pretty sure that there wouldn't be an issue. I am not a lawyer, so maybe I am wrong...
2. People I personally know are steering clear of this product for this reason alone.
3. I am just trying to help and make suggestions. I

I don't expect all of the books. I do expect the BRB. If 7th is not coming out at all, just say the word (is this what you are implying with your last statement?).

The biggest issue I have personally is that we get NO updates from the volunteer team on progress. We do however get attitude when we mention it (such as your response above). If I had time to create my own files, I would be volunteering in your group.

Communicating something to the affect of we have this much done, we are having issues with this, we think this is the ETA. Or even, no change this week. Any kind of communication would help alleviate the growing frustration. If you guys already do this, point it out, because in the month and a half of looking I have not found it in either the forums or the Facebook page. Instead, all I see is the statement above pretty much copy and pasted.

I know what I purchased. I know what the license/EULA says (I actually read them). I just thought it fair to point out that this is affecting Lone Wolf directly and is going to make a difference to their bottom line.

No amount of lecturing from you is going to change that. If anything, it will speed up the exodus.
Opus is offline   #14 Reply With Quote