Thread: Question
View Single Post
dungeonguru

Old September 11th, 2018, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDNDer View Post
So, I plugged that in and filled it out for each level of spells; however, when I test it nothing happens. It still reports, with a 13 INT, on the "Wizard Spells" tab of the hero that I have "Memorized: 0/4" which is correct for a 3rd level Wizard. On the "White Robe Wizard Spells" tab it shows "Memorized: 0/2" for a 1st level White Robe Wizard however what I want is "Memorized: 0/4".

Edit: When I'm looking at the pick tags on the White Robe Wizard tab I see something about thingid.SpellSlots. Should SpellSlots be in the code somewhere?
Well, I said spellcasting was tricky, I thought you were wanting to change the spells slots available, which is what most folks want. If you look at the spells tab you'll see that the number of 1st level slots per day will be 2 above what you expect, etc... (probably 6 instead of 4).

If you're wanting to change the number of spells memorized, it's a different table/field.

You need to get into the class helper object and touch one of the fields:

Code:
hero.childfound[cHelpWiz].field[cMaxSpMem].value += 2
Timing is really critical on this since the calculation happens behind the scenes at post-attributes 100 - so you can run it at post-attributes 50. You could also scan the timing report and figure out how to put it before the <task name="Field cMaxSpMem: Calculate (Max Memorize Allowed)"> </task> script that runs and prioritize it to run right before it. If you made a copy of wizard and this is not a new subclass you'll want to use your cHelpXXX that was generated when you copied wizard obviously.

If you're doing something in an ability that requires you to select the spells from a configurable or dropdown, you can always mark the extra spells as "free" with the Helper.Free and Helper.Memorized tags, like the clerics do for their bonus domain spells.
dungeonguru is offline   #8 Reply With Quote