View Single Post
arsagano

Old May 17th, 2018, 07:42 AM
I'm trying to fully understand the editor in HL, but so much of what is out there is geared heavily toward PF. The PF module has a tool which allows for creating custom weapons, armor, etc that I cannot find in 5E. So I'm hoping someone here can help steer me in the best direction.

I'm creating a weapon that needs three things - deity specific attunement restriction, poison resistance and bane vs demons.

For the poison Eval Script, I am thinking

if (hero.tagis[IsRace.rDwarf] = 0) then
perform hero.assign[DamageRes.dtPoison]
endif

(It's lifted from the belt of dwarvenkind) if not a dwarf, then add poison resistance to the character. Am I correct with this statement? If not, where will it break and why?

For the bane vs demons, bane on weapons is not a 5E thing anymore as far as I can tell. Without debating the extra damage dice or enhancement bonus specifically, I'm guessing the best approach is simply text in the weapon description. However, is there a way to create an Eval Script that makes an asterisk next to the equipped weapon entry or armory entry of the character sheet with a note that simply states +2 vs fiends, 2d6 extra damage vs fiends or something like that anyway?

My biggest dilemma is in putting a deity specific restriction for attunement on the weapon. I'm not even sure if that is possible with the editor. Basically, if they have not selected a specific deity (Erastil, for example) then they cannot attune the weapon, and thereby not gain the benefits.

Thanks in advance for the help.
arsagano is offline   #1 Reply With Quote