Thread: Realmworks.com?
View Single Post
Nockerkin

Old April 9th, 2010, 10:41 PM
I'm more interested what this means for White-Wolf section of hero labs...

I know I'm going to disappoint myself, but the big dream from many Camarilla and even my own troupe players is a way to build, track, grow, spend xp, and control Character development as an ST, all from an online stand point.

Imagine the time saving possibilities when you are an ST with over 30 players all wanting to spend XP, turn in Downtimes, build characters and ask tons of questions (many of them absurd)....

We generally get most of this done at a player's meeting or thru a forum I've made, but what if the players could view, track and spend XP by themselves all with out the need of an ST.

What if an ST could post online simultaneously to all players their XP and any player awards (brownie points) from last game and then pre-design elements for the Character sheet in Herolabs and upload it to the Web with confidence that the system would block and allow the choices given to the players for spending their new XP.

What about a forum system designed to be interactive based on the Individual Character and limitations set by the ST for Downtimes. Example: A player has a Character with 3 resolve, so the Downtime system knows this and gives the player only 3 actions to fill in for Downtimes. The ST can see all of these Downtimes online and respond to them, and when ready for them to be published to the players, unlocks them for view.

What about an online system that can be flipped to use MET or Rule Book versions...
What if a website could allow Chat room capabilities and maybe even combat thru online dice rollers set to limitations by the ST.

What about a Brownie point/ Membership Class system that would work with both Camarilla members and individual Troupe LARPs that allow for a reward tracking method and XP conversion for all players doing things to help the game overall.

The ST needs not be there, just the ability to review past events posted and done on the site...

just imagine that...

But when I hear DM, that tells me this is not for White-Wolf games....
Nor are any of the concepts I’ve presented above…

Last edited by Nockerkin; April 9th, 2010 at 10:44 PM.
Nockerkin is offline   #2 Reply With Quote