View Single Post
Knightblde

Old October 6th, 2019, 07:07 AM
Ugh. I too was an Alpha Wolf backer with beta access. I had a lot of issues with this program when they changed the data system to a much more structured and rigid system that made it difficult to use Realm Works as I want. This is super important to me. I don't care about sharing my stuff with the world, and I don't care about using the stuff of other people. Both, in my opinion, would require systems that don't mesh well with custom data.

That said, I have come to LOVE the power and level of customization within Realm Works. I have been using World Anvil since Rob's letter and after 10 hours, I am super frustrated. It seems to me to be a web authoring program, not a database for my games. It might look pretty, but damn, it is a major pain in the butt.

So, where do I (we) go from here? I want to trust that RW will be around for a while and I can keep putting in my info and setting it up as I need. RW has spoiled me in that regard. But can I trust it is not a dead program? Dunjinni was an awesome map making program, but it is gone now.

I do wish LW the very best, but my Star Wars FFG games are not supported by HLO. I bought it, but after 10 years or so, I'm not really interested in Pathfinder anymore. I'm sure I will be back to it, but for the foreseeable future, Star Wars is my game.

So again, where do we go from here?
Knightblde is offline   #94 Reply With Quote