View Single Post
The_Traveller

Old December 26th, 2018, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilthy View Post
@Mergon this is defined in Xanathar's Guide to Everything on page 173.

Checkpoint system is a variant rule (Required for AL now). Instead of XP, a character advances based on checkpoints.

At levels 1 - 4, 4 checkpoints. At levels 5 and up, 8 checkpoints.

@Traveller they are definitely not the same thing. You even note that you are tracking this on an external website, then using the milestone system (as a workaround).
I do use the base checkpoint for advancement in HL because I simply din't have the free time to try and code what was needed. I had been using a website to track my AL log because it was easier and i could produce an AL logsheet as needed. I also need to track DM rewards and apply them so i made sense.

Yes the milestone system is different from the AL advancement point(AP) process. However it can be used as is for simple AP tracking. The DM goes, you've reached a milestone and either says you've leveled or you haven't. If you are using AP, the DM says, you get this much AP and you see if you leveled or not and check the little box.

For AL play you would still need an AL log sheet as there are times when a DM will ask to see it. I've had to do it a time or 2 some visiting players at our FLGS where there was some question as to how some items were squired. I've also seen a DM call at Gencon and had the player roll up a new character because they didn't have a log sheet (the character in question had better gear at Tier I than most Tier IIIs).

It would be a nice to have, but there are higher priorities for the community as there is a perfectly valid work-around already built in.

Last edited by The_Traveller; December 26th, 2018 at 04:46 AM. Reason: edited for language and the run in the allotted time.
The_Traveller is offline   #9 Reply With Quote