View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 7th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacook View Post
Still nothing? Was hoping for a quicker release for this.
Jacook,

Normally when Lone Wolf Development has information to announce regarding progress on a project, they do so via the monthly newsletter.

http://wolflair.com/index.php?context=newsletter

When they have something to report, it will likely show up here. You need to keep in mind that this company has a handful of people working on implementing these mechanics, and sometimes it is hard to find a compromise that makes everyone happy when it comes to implementing things. On top of that the hours spent building and compiling code, debugging the code, and quality control testing done can take a while. I know it can be frustrating to wait, but the wait will be worth it in the end.

The Atari corporation once rushed a project in the 1980's known to most of us as E.T. the video game. They pushed the game out to retailers with a six week development time so they could maximize sales for the holiday season. The following year, the game generated negative revenue from all the returns people made (Which inadvertently caused retailers to put an "All Sales Final on open software" clause on receipts later on). This caused the company to go bankrupt. They paid a lot of money for the licensing rights to do the game, released the worst game in the history of video games, and lost everything in the process when it failed to turn a profit. Most companies today understand that failure and won't rush a product out.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; October 7th, 2013 at 04:56 PM.
RavenX is offline   #29 Reply With Quote