View Single Post
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old June 29th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Honestly that is one of the biggest problems with the developers. They play in small groups of tightly knit friends and rarely get their bubbles burst. It was fun to sit at GenCon watching Ed Greenwood walk over to their tables and burst their bubbles. Ed shows up as Elminster and will use the "wish" spell himself to alter the flow of someone else's RPGA game session, and they have to deal with it when he does. The living forgotten realms are still under Greenwood's control for the most part, and it is a setting that I still enjoy running. Players will burst your bubble a lot. If you run RPGA events you end up with new players frequently.
Ed Greenwood is one of the most humble, and brilliant, gamers I have ever met. I wish that his original FR world was not corrupted by TSR/WotC developers that kept powering it up to a ridiculous level. After I got out of the military in 1988, and decided to reboot my entire campaign with the 2nd Ed ruleset, scraping my world and it's craziness (my first interation was a huge plagiarism disaster), I began plans to run in the original FR stuff that had came out that was all Ed Greenwood. Once I saw what other developers starting doing with it though, I quickly discarded the idea and made the campaign world I run today from scratch, but I got a ton of inspiration from the work Greenwood did on his original campaign. I will usually pick up anything he does.
Kendall-DM is offline   #30 Reply With Quote