View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 28th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmal View Post
Sounds like some ego boosting yourself
Having known more then my share of authors/designers in the industry, I agree that there are some large egos there but there are also some fragile ones too. When I was a chat room host for WotC there was some authors and designers that refused to come in to the chat room for discussions unless there was a host there to make sure nothing untoward was said and or done.

Having said all of this. I am still not sure I am all for 5th edition and the place it is going too. I think that they are digging a hole for themselves because it is fast becoming an edition that will backwards compatible for all editions and thus the "last" one that could be made then. That is usually the consensus of most peoples way of thinking from what I am reading so far.

This is why I am hoping for a Print on Demand option for 3.5 that way if 5th isn't good enough or up to par I can firmly plan to run 3.5 instead. I have been running Pathfinder since it came out because I didn't like 4th and all the local players here bought up every available 3.5 book as soon as 4th hit the shelf. Back then I did not have a job or money to get the books. So I was out of luck. I have some books but not all of them. One of my former friends actually stole my core rulebooks and monster manuals and vanished from the area. I have pressed charges on him for the theft but unless he comes back to this state there isn't much that can be done about it. I will have to repurchase the books when WotC rereleases them. This is not Necessarily the last edition of the game, Next is something they want to appeal to the entire fan base with. As such they need to be thorough in their research on what we the players like and dislike. They're at least realized we're the ones that buy the product so our voices are the ones that matter.

Next is likely not completely written as it stands. I can see the modular elements that Monte Cooke mentioned, and I am fine with the game being modular. The rules are not bad as they're written, but for all any of us know they only have loose notes up there right now and don't want to commit anything to book formatting until the game is thoroughly tested and decisions have been finalized about it. I am sure they will eventually give us actual full playtest materials toward the end once they finalize things.
RavenX is offline   #25 Reply With Quote