View Single Post
Talon125

Old April 24th, 2012, 03:23 PM
I've recently experienced a similar issue that has yet to be resolved.
I have a primary PC, a secondary PC, and a Mac. Naturally, I had herolab installed on both PCs. I have since stopped using it on the secondary PC.

I decided to try out the Mac beta and maybe I misread something, but I thought it was going to allow me to download and play the Mac Beta as long as I had previously paid for a PC license. Instead, it took over my primary PC license and now I had to fill in some form because it's been within 120 days or some such nonsense if I want to use my PC herolab again. (and it says I need to wait a couple BUSINESS days)

Now, I get it. You want to control your intellectual property. You worked hard, and want to get paid, as you should. HOWEVER, this license system you use seems to be punishing legitimate users. Why wouldn't you guys setup a user controlled authorize/de-authorize system built into the app that many other programs use? Restricting it, of course, to the number of purchased licenses. (see itunes, netflix, ect)
That would eliminate the need to email your support staff and would allow the individuals that bought the software to manage their own use of the licenses.
Talon125 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote