View Single Post
Topdecker

Old August 1st, 2017, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
So, it's going to be a bit interesting to try to jam that into the Savage Worlds module. We're not set up that way.
Yeah, I have noticed that almost all of my problems now stem from archetypes.

Here is where I am at. I have groups working and I can bootstrap off of the groups and it works really nicely. However, the list of edges is riddled with free edges that should never be selectable - they should only come with the archetype.

I want to take these archetype-specific edges completely out of the list of edges, but the group bootstraps break if the edges are Hidden or Precluded. Getting them hidden (programatically or otherwise) would clean up the list, allow me to not need to craft the same edge over and over for different versions of the archetype and so on. I can work dirty if I can just keep a given edge from being in the selection list.

Is there a way to do this? To remove an edge from being presented as being purchasable? (I am a bit miffed that HIDDEN doesn't do it <sigh>.) Otherwise, it is going to take a lot of repetition of effort and I may not be able to use the elegant Group/Faction solution.

Thanks
Topdecker is offline   #18 Reply With Quote