View Single Post
Jamz

Old February 16th, 2017, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
In Pathfinder, would a "Remove Used Gear?" checkbox on the Night's Rest button work?

So if that was checked when Night's Rest was clicked, anything that's set as "used up", like a stack of arrows or a stack of holy waters, or the charges in a wand, it would figure out how many charges/items had been used from that item, delete that number from the item's count/max charges, and reset the tracker so that none of the new, smaller stack are currently used up.

When you're handling the night's rest seems like a good time to do other bookkeeping things like this - if you haven't retrieved arrows from the battlefield by the time your character rests, it's pretty much too late to get them now, and it's probably been enough play time since the combat that mistakes like "oh, wait, I did throw a third alchemist's fire in that last round" have been caught.
I like this idea a lot! Especially for wands! Sometimes wands trade hands so it would be nice to transfer a wand via the gear menu with the current charges left.

I do see Shadow's point as well. I would prefer a checkbox vs adjustment (or at least the default being to 'remove from inventory' vs 'only remove from inventory if adjustment exists'.

If the checkbox proves to much space or as an alternate idea, how about a dialog box that pops up after clicking a night's rest? Bonus points if it listed all the items it was about to remove. Extra bonus points if each item had a checkbox. Even more bonus points if there was a check all/none option. And a premium bonus point if there was a "copy this list to clipboard" option!

I think the dialog satisfies all the requirements listed? Unless someone (I'm sure they are out there) hates pop-up dialog reminders, "gah! now I have to press TWO buttons?!" I suppose a checkbox option under configure hero to toggle this behavior on/off could be added?

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #14 Reply With Quote