View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 23rd, 2005, 09:35 AM
Just for the record, we've been tearing our hair out on this end, too. :-) :-(

We just got back from GenCon late last night, and here's the update from the show. We spoke with Joe Hauck, who is the VP overseeing Magic. He stepped in and orchestrated things at the show in an effort to get things squared away for us. At this point, we supposedly should be seeing the complete data we need late this week or early next week. Everybody is in catch-up mode after the show, so it's not something that Wizards can get us overnight, but it shouldn't take too long now. Assuming we get the data, we'll get the data files updated within a few days of receiving it. The exact time depends on how differently the data is formatted from the way we used to get it (i.e. how much of a rewrite we need to do on the converter).

If we DON'T get the data in timely fashion, then we'll put together an incomplete, stop-gap set of files from the data we do have. This will at least get everybody something they can work with until we get this sorted out. Since that's a bunch of throw-away work I'd rather avoid, this won't be done unless Wizards falls through again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that having Joe step in will clear up issues quickly.

Thanks again for everyone's patience. I'm really sorry that this has happened, but we've been doing our best to get things sorted out and we unfortunately don't have control over anything at Wizards.

Thanks, Rob

At 02:42 PM 8/18/2005, you wrote:

Quote:
I am in the same situation.. Thats why I have been so active in this thread.... I purchased the software a few months ago, have spent several long day and nights inputting all of my cards and now stopped at saviors and 9th. I have the cards seperated for now, but I can not add them to my collection right now otherwise I would throw off my inventory, and decks, since I would have half electronic and half not since the data files are not ready. I too understand that MtG isnt the sole purpose of CV, but im sure its one of the most used databases.

Is WolfLair.com going to offer some sort of incentive to keep customers or anything since as previously posted the data files are going to take a lot longer to be released? I ask because people purchase their software, then a new deck or 2 come out and not its really "not supported" yet... where the user could of bought some other ccg software that is current.

Sorry, Im just fustrated, I have several boxes of cards to add, but cant since no data is availible yet.
rob is offline   #12 Reply With Quote