View Single Post
GLBIV

Old April 19th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Kendall,

Thanks, I wasn't trying to rude. I'll clarify.

I am working on a campaign that uses only the three generic classes that are described as a variant rule in Unearth Arcana - Warrior, Expert, Spellcaster. I think they are more individualized and realistic than the standard cookie cutter classes - and the metric butt-ton of prestige classes - that exist in the core rules.

One key feature of these generic classes is they select their own class skills - much like the NPC class expert.

What I was trying to do was make a copy of NPC expert in the editor, then change all the class features except the sExpSkill bootstrap. Turns out, the class validates, but when I start creating a character I can select the class skills at on the class tab, but none of them register as class skills on the skills tab. If I could get that to work, my problem would be completely solved, because I've figured out how to rig everything else.

I haven't taken a programming class in more than 10 years, and that was C++, so I haven't a clue if there's a way to trick HL into believing my copied custom class is the same as the NPC expert class as far as the cExpSkill thing is concerned. And since I can't edit the thing its self, I was wondering if one of you code-wizes knew how.

I still make PCs by hand - because I like it - but HL is great for generating NPCs.

I suppose I could simply designate every skill as a class skill for these NPCs and limit the number of skills I select in creation. I was just wondering if there was a code fix.

Thanks for the time guys,

-G
GLBIV is offline   #6 Reply With Quote