View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 19th, 2010, 08:29 AM
So I finally finished all the changes last night. I have all the .user files marked up with a their book Sources. I have also created a new hl import file and wrote a xml file for my website. I have the import file loaded to my site just for now for testing. So looking for those Testers now to try this out and see if they find any issues.

Some things to keep in mind. If you already have Lawful_g .user files or files from Cheifweasel's site in your d20 data folder they will need to be removed. This is VERY important those files MUST be removed. If you don't they will cause duplicate Thing errors.

This is only required for this first install ALL future installs will take care of this problem by overlaying the files with new versions. So this only has to be done this one time. If you are just downloading the Hero Lab d20 data set for the first time you will NOT need to do this step.

Steps to get this to work:
  • Remove old Lawful_g .user files. You don't have to remove any .user files you have created your self.
  • At the top Menu enter the Secondary Update URL(Settings->Basic Settings->Specify Secondary Updates URL....) with the following:
    Code:
    http://www.shadowsoftware.net/shadowgameworld/pathfinder/herolab/d20.xml
  • Press ok and then ok again for the message about restarting HL.
  • Restart HL and at the game selection window click on the blue button on the right to Get Downloads.
  • Look in the list for 'Lawful_G d20(v1.0)' and click the blue button Download.
  • After it finishes downloading(its almost 4 megs) you will be prompted with a new window that will list what is going to be imported and that it will be imported to your d20 data folder. Click the blue button marked Start Import.
  • After the install you will be able to select the 3.5 d20 Game system and on the Configure your Hero window you will have several new sections under the User Data branch. These are 3.0 Books, 3.5 Books, Dragonlance Setting, Forgotten Realms, and Eberron Campaign Setting.
Please feel free to test this process out. Once working the stuff will be switched over to Cheifweasel's site. Also check to make sure that their are no errors when just selecting a single source. Keep an eye open for any thing marked to the wrong book. I think I corrected all the ones I found but their could still be more.

Please post any issues or questions to this thread.

Thanks

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; October 19th, 2010 at 07:24 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #18 Reply With Quote