View Single Post
kbs666

Old November 10th, 2018, 11:03 AM
This is a list of suggestions for features for Realm Works. Most are from the forum but some are my own.

Smart images
1) Permanent labels (IMO these should only appear at a certain zoom state or at some other trigger to reduce clutter but that is another thing that could be worked out)
2) links directly to other maps
3) image maps in RW (a defined region in an image that is a link)
4) allowing multiple kinds and colors of pins (should simply allow users to install their own BMP or whatever the image is somewhere).
5) Allow links to map pins, this would open the map and center it on the map zoomed at some level with the map center on the pin (perhaps with the pin also highlighted in some way)
6) Added in build 248 Reveal smart image by drawing a polygon rather than using the default method. Simply put a number of points on the screen and close the polygon by clicking the first point to reveal the area inside.
7) A number of items have been removed under the assumption that 64 bit will solve a lot of smart image issues

Storyboard
1) Bidirectional arrows.
2) Remember user preference for vertical or horizontal display
3) Allow arrows and boxes to have user defined colors, and boxes to have user defined shapes
4) Allow GM to mark the party's position in the storyboard and have that be persistent

Relationships
1) user defined relationships
2) expand the kinds of relationships available (1 & 2 were separate but related requests both included for completeness)
3) add a sibling relationship to the existing allowed family relationships.

Topics & Articles
1) individual reveal on a per character basis, not on per player basis as a player could have more than one character playing the same campaign
2) Player Journals, topic editable by individual player specific to individual character and links based on that character's reveal status. Should be revealed to the GM and that player automatically, can be revealed to other players based on the authoring player's wishes
3) Plurals assumes English. Allow user defined plural or at least include some of the more common ways plurals are made.
4) User defined snippet styles
5) Added in build 248 Place the predefined snippet styles on the format ribbon
6) Allow custom icons for topics
7) Allow adding prefixes and suffixes to topics during creation.
8) Allow the tooltip for a topic/article link to be a user defined text snippet defaulting to the overview snippet.
9) Added in build 247 Create and implement a setting where only the first occurrence of a link is created in each snippet.
10) Increase the width of tag and labeled text snippets.
11) Align all the text fields of labeled text snippets within a section.

Realm Management
1) Folders for realms
2) Archiving of realms
3) Added in build 250 Sync realm without closing realm

Calendars
1) Can we have calendars, please?
2) When we get calendars, please?, can we also get a better timeline?
3) Implement relative date/time snippets. These would be useful primarily in adventures where events are timed relative to the start of the adventure.

The one area I left out is player view. I've grown increasingly dissatisfied with it over the last couple of years as have my players. I've seen a few general complaints and a few specific issues but not a lot of "this will make player view better" type stuff and I'm really at a loss as well.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw

Last edited by kbs666; March 7th, 2019 at 09:08 AM.
kbs666 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote