View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old July 20th, 2018, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRigh View Post
Ok, I sit corrected and educated :-). I agree that it is mostly a waste of time and resources to pursue these things for 99% of offenders, but WotC ARE notoriously bad for going after copyright infringement.
OH VERY MUCH AGREE on the WOC observation.... even when they have no basis for it....
I have a friend (shameless Plug for Casey below) that published some work they did as a collective on The World of Greyhawk- Bandit Kingdoms... and they went after him...
Now understand, he was a non-paid lead member of what was called the "triad" back in what was termed "Living-Greyhawk" in the early 2000's. And all he did was assemble the work many did under one binded book so to speak. He credited them, and basically the cost to print was a wash vs profit, but WOC filed anyway... after 3 different meetings through arbitration, they finally pulled the suit....

Ironically the only ones that would use the perioditcal would be Greyhawk users, which facilitates WOC and their IP and product.... They were just butt hurt that he was able to assemble the various originating authors when they couldn't.

But in this lawsuit happy world we live in, you can sue anyone for anything .... logic and reason to be determined later... *snark*

For all you Greyhawkers following along....
>Casey's Work>http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...ngdoms-Summary

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #17 Reply With Quote