View Single Post
Madmaxneo

Old May 24th, 2015, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
I've attached a picture of my Paranoia XP skill tree:

Attachment 3804

Paranoia XP has 6 Primary Skills where other systems have Attributes, and Specialties where other systems have Skills. Given the simplicity of the Paranoia system compared to other, "not-fun" games, my custom Skill and Specialty categories don't have that much to them.

Hope this helps.
That looks good and interesting. I almost played paranoia when it first came out in 80 something, but my friends and I were into other things like Marvel Superheroes (best years of role playing there) and some D&D 2ed. I have always wanted to try it but never asked the group I was running if they wanted to try it. I may try it with this group and it will probably be fun.

BTW fun in a game is more from the way the GM and the players interact and less from the game mechanics... A good example was I GM'd a game that a lot of people might say is not that fun, but my players and I had a blast. The game was Rolemaster! It is and always will be my all time favorite RPG and I can't wait for the next edition called RMU (Rolemaster Unified).
Madmaxneo is offline   #5 Reply With Quote