View Single Post
Sendric

Old December 4th, 2017, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
A quick update. This seems to be tied to how the monster created in the editor has its spell selection assigned. That is, whatever builds the expression for, say the Solar, to add all cleric spells (plus some other ones) doesn't work. After I click OK, I can select spells still, BUT it is the entire spell list (not just the ones that were limited to the monster as set up in the editor for a spellcasting class).

I suspect something happened when adding the Helper.obolete tag to the expression, it appears to exist outside the main tag expression, is that intended?

For example, it is something like ((sClass.Cleric & TRUE) & FALSE) & !(Helper.obsolete) or something akin to that (don't have it in front of me, going from memory).

Thanks.
Yes, you are correct. The way the expression was generated is causing a problem. i have tracked it to an errant "|" at the end:

Code:
(sClass.Cleric | Helper.CustomItem) & !(Helper.Obsolete|Helper.Helper|)"
This issue is unfortunately not limited to the Solar Angel. It appears to affect all races with spell-casting ability.

You can create a script on the race itself to get around this issue for now that looks like this:

Post-Levels / 11000
Code:
field[cSpellExpr].text = "(sClass.Cleric | Helper.CustomItem) & !(Helper.Obsolete|Helper.Helper)"
I'm also going to look into making a script that could be used for a more general fix until Shadow has a chance to look at it.

Update. Added this script to the corrector special in "3.5 - Players Handbook" and it seems to have done the trick:

Post-Levels / 11000
Code:
~This script fixes a bug which affects all races with racial casting ability.

var spells as string
var lngth as number

foreach pick in hero from BaseRace where "CasterType.?"
  spells = each.field[cSpellExpr].text
  lngth = length(spells)
  lngth -= 2
  spells = left(spells,lngth)
  spells &= ")"
  each.field[cSpellExpr].text = spells
nexteach

Last edited by Sendric; December 4th, 2017 at 04:06 AM.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote