View Single Post
wdmartin

Old January 29th, 2020, 08:15 AM
Weird error here. We're six levels into the campaign, and the GM has just retroactively gestalt levels to my level 6 sorceress. In order to accomplish this, I did the following:

1. Created a new portfolio
2. Used Import Hero from Portfolio to copy the PC in.
3. Deleted five levels of sorcerer, retaining only the first level
4. Added a level of paladin
5. Added the gestalt level
6. Used the selectors to pick Sorcerer/Paladin.
7. Added the next level of each, repeat.

I basically went through one level at a time.

I'm straight sorcerer on one side, and on the other I'm taking 2 levels of Paladin and 4 levels of Unchained Monk with a custom archetype called Twiliminal that makes most monk abilities key off Charisma. It's closely patterned off the Scaled Fist archetype, only fey themed.

Anyway, everything worked! I got all my class levels added, boggled at my new stats for a while, then saved the file and went to bed.

When I next opened it -- in a different copy of HL, I should add, using one of my secondary licenses -- the list of classes looked like this:

And the class selectors on the Gestalt tab looked like this:

It looks like it's somehow forgotten my first two levels? I guess? I have six levels worth of gestalt selectors filled in, only now there are two levels at the beginning with nothing selected because there's nothing to select.

I'm on version 1.1 of the gestalt pack, and there's a crap ton of homebrew going on in there. We're using the World is Square feat tax rules, plus some custom traits, a custom alternate racial trait, a custom archetype for the monk levels, and a custom feat.

It's weird that it worked fine at home but not at work (where I do PbP games during lunch). I'm going to double check to see that both copies are running the same versions of everything. I mean, they should be. But something is clearly out of whack, and that's the first thing that jumps to mind.
Attached Images
File Type: png gestalt-classes-snafu-01.png (349.3 KB, 150 views)
File Type: png gestalt-classes-snafu-02.png (226.6 KB, 155 views)
wdmartin is offline   #224 Reply With Quote