View Single Post
Ualaa

Old September 22nd, 2013, 05:58 PM
I recently picked up Hero Lab, with the Pathfinder rule set, and like it a lot.
I've added a few data sets (Advanced Player's Guide, Advanced Race Guide, Mythic Adventures, Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Equipment, Ultimate Magic, and the Bestiary bundle).
I've also imported the information for Psionics Unleashed.

At the moment, I don't know a whole lot about the editor but am in the process of learning it.
In the past I've used DM Genie, and some of my scripts worked but many did not; I'm not the best at that kind of thing, but am very willing to try.

Can these be implemented?
How would you approach scripting/building this into HL?
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Also, if I modify the Pathfinder system does that create a conflict with Psionics Unleashed or other data sets?

Characters
i) Characters gain bonus hit points equal to their initial CON score, at character creation; this value doesn't change, if their Constitution later changes.
ii) Characters gain maximum hit points, at levels one and two.
iii) Characters roll D4s for hit points thereafter, and add a bonus based on their class hit die (D6 classes roll 1D4+2; D8 classes roll 1D4+4; D10 classes roll 1D4+6; D12 classes roll 1D4+8).
iv) Every class gains a minimum of 4 + INT skill points per level.
v) At level one, the player designates any two saving throws as 'Good' and the third save is 'Poor'; once made, saving throws follow this progression irregardless of classes chosen.

Attacks
vi) The maximum threat range is 18-20 and the maximum critical multiplier is x4; no combination of powers/feats/abilities/etc can ever exceed these values.
vii) Weapons cannot deal more than 3d8 base weapon damage, irregardless of size increases of the user or weapon, etc... (sneak attacks or a magical property add their fixed amount, to whatever damage the weapon deals).
viii) At BAB +6 a character gains a second attack, but both receive a -2 penalty; at BAB +11 the penalty is reduced to -1 per attack; at BAB +16 the penalty is removed. Abilities like Rapid Shot, Two-Weapon Fighting or a Haste effect can add extra attacks and impose the normal penalties, if any.
ix) Add a numerical value called 'Combat Reactions', which is set to 1 (at BAB +0 or greater) and increases to 2 (at BAB +5), 3 (at BAB +10), 4 (at BAB +15), and 5 (at BAB +20). Just want the Combat Reactions number, somewhere on the character sheet.
x) Rather than a percentage chance to negate a critical hit, Fortification imposes a penalty (-2 Light, -4 Medium, and -10 Heavy) to confirm critical hits.

Feats
xi) At each level up, any one feat that is not a prerequisite for something you possess can be exchanged for another feat that you qualify for.
xii) Magical item creation feats (except for Brew Potion, Craft Wand and Scribe Scroll) are not eligible choices; the Gun related feats are disallowed, unless the character possesses levels in the Gunslinger class; Leadership is not available.
xiii) Feats that normally apply to a single weapon (weapon focus, improved critical etc) instead apply to all weapons from one of these categories: Bludgeoning, Piercing, Slashing, Ranged, Firearms. Exotic Weapon Proficiency still only applies to a single new weapon.

Other
xiv) Like 'Combat Reactions', add a numerical value field for both 'Hero Points' and 'Action Points' with both reseting on level up (HPs to 2 & APs to 6).
xv) Add a field called 'Buff Slots', and calculate how many a given character can have (1 at LV/HD 1, 2 at LV/HD 6, 3 at LV/HD 11, and 4 at LV/HD 16+).
Ualaa is offline   #1 Reply With Quote