View Single Post
Aril

Old October 3rd, 2020, 11:13 AM
OK, so I don't know if I'm doing this right.

In the bloodline I'm adapting, it's based on the Fey sorcerer bloodline. So, the part I'm having problems with is "Class Special Abilities". Due to the need to have the abilities granted at 1st, 3rd, 7th, 9th levels etc. count as the abilities from the Fey bloodline for the purpose of prerequisites, I had to recreate them in the Custom Ability menu.

So, in the Fey bloodline, the "Class Special Abilities" shows "x7" beside it, I think because there are 7 abilities gained at different levels.

If I go in that menu, I can see the various abilities, and each has a "Tag" assigned, and if I click on it, it shows an ability has been selected, and then uses "ClSpecWhen" and then shows the level at which the character is supposed to get the ability.

Given that I just need to swap out the abilities, I used the little icon that looks like a wrench, go in there, and I *can* find the names of the various abilities I created. So I pick them, and replace the ability that originally was selected.

However, each time I do it, the # that appears beside "Class Special Abilities" goes down each time I pick the ability I actually *want* to have used. So I can't actually see if this worked. When I click the "Test Now" button, it seems to work. It's not throwing errors. I just can't see anything appearing in that "Class Special Abilities" as the "spot" disappears......but on the main page, at the top right where it has the button for "Bootstraps" what I've done *does* appear in there.

Does that mean it's working, and because it's a custom ability, it's just going to not appear in the "Class Special Abilities" but it'll in fact work?
Aril is offline   #4 Reply With Quote