Thread: Relative Dates
View Single Post
Vargr

Old December 8th, 2018, 08:04 AM
+1

I think it would be useful if we can have an H-time (like in the military).

A date (or time) can be "H+1 hour" or "H-30 days" ("1 month" is not exact enough).

Somewhere in the settings the date and time "H" could be set.

In GM-view the relative dates could be marked by having a different colour or something.

Of course you should be able to choose if a given date is absolute or relative.

Plot dates would probably be all relative while historical dates would be all absolute.

If the party spends longer than anticipated by the GM to get from point A to B, the GM would just have to adjust the H-time to when they arrive in the little hamlet in the middle of the Death Hills and all dates in the plot line are adjusted accordingly. This way the plot knows that the vicar left his home one stormy night on this date which is exactly 10 days before the party happened to reach the hamlet.

Actually we would need multiple H-times (H1, H2, ...?). One for each plot in our campaign.

Well, I am rambling so I will stop for now...

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #5 Reply With Quote