View Single Post
TCArknight

Old April 27th, 2021, 02:58 PM
Ok, I'm playing around with this to find the best way to deal with Mega Modifiers for Savage Rifts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
20. OK, big one: I've added Arcane Power Modifiers as a complete tag set, tagged up the spells, and created a powModifiers field and populated it with a dynamic list of the Modifier names.
I have no problem adding a new PowerMods.? tag as long as I add it before Setup/2000 when the field[powModifiers] is populated.

The one thing I can do is this:
Quote:
~ add Mega Modifier to PsionicArcane Protection
var adddesc as string
foreach pick in hero from Power where "thingid.powArcaneProtect & Arcane.arcPsionicSWADE"
perform eachpick.assign[PowerMods.2ExaltedArcPro]

adddesc = "{br}{br}{b}MEGA MODIFIERS{/b}{br}{indent -10} • EXALTED ARCANE PROTECTION (+2): Hostile powers suffer a −4 penalty (–6 with a raise)."

perform state.thing[powArcaneProtect].amendthing[description,state.thing[powArcaneProtect].field[descript].text & adddesc]

nexteach
Doing it this way however, makes all versions of the Arcane Protection power show the Mega Modifier, even those selected through the Magic Arcane Background.

Is there a better way to handle this?

Would it maybe be possible to add a field to the powers where additions to the description could be stored and the normal mouseover/descript procedure automagically append the two together?

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #1 Reply With Quote