Thread: SW Editor Qs
View Single Post
Seeker1728

Old February 11th, 2021, 02:42 PM
I've recently purchased all the SWADE data packs, downloaded a long list of user files contributed by the community (I can list them if needed/useful but omitting for post brevity). I'm modestly familiar with the editor, more so with M&M and PF due to use.

But my experience with the editor in those games rarely touched on anything to do with scripts, and those few times it did I was able to get by using copy/paste from other examples. TBH all my attempts with the editor in MM/PF have been trial/error/copy/paste, I can't really say I get how these scripts work, it's like trying to learn Russian without a guide (Though I have been experimenting with Zarlor's common code examples).

But this time around, I actually need some programming help from seasoned users as I don't even know how to begin tackling this problem or what section of the guides I should be studying to serve my goals.
  • Choose an Arcane Background:, with a required minimum attribute die rating. (no clue-no fields present to require an Attribute minimum).
  • Have a number of points based on the Attribute specified in the AB above to buy powers with. (no clue)
  • Create a list of allowable powers. (pretty sure I know how to do this part)
  • Gain 2 new power choices each time they advance their required Attribute (no clue)
  • Be able to purchase additional powers without raising their attribute. (think this can default to the New Powers edge?)
  • Create an AB or Edge that doesn't cost the player anything.

Also, I want to house rule an increased number of Edges, but restrict them along the lines of what other game systems rely on a Class system to grant access to (i.e. PC acquires an edge chosen from a restricted list as he advances). I also have no clue how to approach this and would welcome any suggestions to try out.

I know this sounds like I'm asking for someone to actually write all the scripts for me, but I'd rather be pointed at where I can find the appropriate lessons and maybe a couple of examples of what those lessons teach, so that I can compare my understanding of the lesson with someone's use of them. Normally I'd set aside a few weeks for study time, but I'm short on time. Right now, though I read the SW tutorial, I'm being dense and failing to connect the dots as to which sections hold the answers for me.

All that said, if anyone feels inclined to make an example that I could copy and paste, I would not be ungrateful.
Seeker1728 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote