Thread: Projector view
View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old January 20th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkthomsen9 View Post
I agree this is not a VTT. It may or may not become one in the future, but not anytime in the near future. ...........
No, is the correct answer.... As has been stated in this (and many other threads (including the kickstarter) LWD isn't taking RW in that direction. It is why they are considering a partnership with D20pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkthomsen9 View Post
I know very little about code, but as the feature is already in RW to display a tab "player view" on a second monitor, and RW can already detect all of my monitors, it doesn't seem to be a big step to allow you to open multiple player tabs, and tell each tab which monitor to display on. But as I am ignorant on the code required I may be grossly inaccurate.
Yea, there isn't alot of "extra code" IF.... REPEAT IF.. you simply want to mirror the displays. (same info on all), based on your previous posts, I am not getting that impression. It seems you would like multiple displays that could be modified and displayed uniquely... that is a lot of code.

Right now RW simply (simply for this discussion) takes what the Master Realm Creator wishes to display (via Reveal) and puts it to that screen selected for player view.

IF I am correct in my presumption, you would want to have "reveal" based on screen, PC, or Player? And code would have to account for all that sorting (to over simplify). The basis for that code, MIGHT exist in the near future to build from when the market place, Character level reveals and other programming code are complete. IT would still, even after the existence of the new code, require more code to distinguish monitors and the ability to do so on the fly as player view does. Currently the RWPE is "revealed" only via syncing for each individual player (ie owner of RWPE) that has an accepted invite to a realm. Most likely the RWPE wont have character based reveals except by syncing as well.

So with out a means to sort the code out to the proper display, IMO, I don't see this happening for years.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #23 Reply With Quote