View Single Post
EdSteiner

Old June 12th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhakala View Post
The comment on strict RAW regarding the enchanted arrows is wrong and does not make sense given the army book. The unique rule on page 500 of the rule book refers to named magic items in the BRB and the list of magic items pages but not unit upgrades or weapons that may be magical weapons or other magical items. This issue was fleshed out on a number of sites and is very clear. You have examples of magic weapons on certain models in certain Daemons army units being common and repeated throughout the army. You wouldn't say one cannot take two units of plague bearers, two heralds of nurgle, two heralds of khorne, two units of bloodletters, or two skullcannon chariots because the models in such units have magic weapons. The army book specifically does not restrict one to only one model taking each type of enchanted arrow and the army list is clear in treating these as model and unit upgrades without a lock out. Similarly, ETC and others have consistently ruled on this issue.
Again which is why I coded it with only a soft error, let the TO's/opponent's decide if they follow your line of thought then they can ignore the error report. If I wanted to lock it out completely, I would have hard coded the error, and in which case it would have grayed out the option army wide. Let's just let each play/group/tourney follow their own moral compass in this matter.

On soap box note: GW prides itself on some of the best model range IMHO, however they epic fail when it comes to clear rules and FAQ support when they rules they write fail. Here are some my list of fails. Do Lizardmen S. Warriors get predatory attack from second rank. BRB would say no, but army book unclear. Dwarfs, Can you stack a second rune of burning which provides no additional effect to get around pride issues. Or since were on the subject of Wood Elves, do Wild rider mounts have frenzy?

And if you say "ETC rules this or that", ETC is one example of a gaming body which again IMHO does a very good job, but they are not GW.
EdSteiner is offline   #24 Reply With Quote