View Single Post
Frunk

Old October 2nd, 2019, 01:04 AM
Not great news for us, but worse for the folks there. Really horrible it had to end this way for you.

However bright side is that - we have a product that works, it does 90% of what I need it for. Obviously there are things I would like it to do better, but I can live with it as part of a toolset now rather than the only tool.... PowerPoint, OneNote and a whole raft of possible VTT tools that can be used.

As long as it continues to be supported in some capacity I am happy to keep paying the subscription - I am not expecting new features, just keep it "working as is" for now.

As for the future, I do hope if you don't open source it, that you can pass on the legacy to someone else. The core concepts are sound, the interface is a little clunky. Using the current software as a base "working model" along with it's design documents perhaps another brave developer can tackle V2 and take it to market, so it continues to live on.

I don't believe there has been any deliberate bad faith on LW's behalf - shit happens! I have seen FAR worse Kickstarters... at least the folks at LW seem to care and have created a tool that more or less works as intended.

So thanks for everything so far, I truly hope this is not the end of the journey.
Frunk is offline   #67 Reply With Quote