Thread: D&D 6e or 5.5
View Single Post
Fenris447

Old September 4th, 2022, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
I could easily have missed it, but nowhere in the coverage I've read concerning One D&D have I spotted any reference to a new System Reference Document. Without that, I expect Lone Wolf's hands are tied even it they wanted to implement the new stuff for Hero Lab Classic.
Yeah. Even if there was a new SRD coming (I'm betting there will be, some time in 2024), LWD has no obligation to do anything about it. If there's not a significant reason for them to assume they can make money on a new data set, then I wouldn't expect them to do it.

I want to be clear; I understand why LWD doesn't support 5e any more. They have good reason not to touch anything outside of the SRD. And even when it comes to changes on the backend that would just be helpful for us, they have a budget and staff that they have to use as wisely as possible. Companies have to be responsible with how they allocate their resources, and need to make money to pay for those resources. And 5e just isn't a big deal for them, compared to HLO and Pathfinder. If they constantly go out of their way to just do favors for us, they're gonna go bankrupt and become unable to do anything for anyone.

So when I lament the lack of development for 5e, I'm screaming at the darkness of reality, not at LWD for having to pick their battles.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote