View Single Post
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 18th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Greetings Fate Core players,

Thanks for your feedback in the Fate Core Beta Thread! I spent a while reading through everyone's posts there, and picked out a few of the more popular requests that I have questions about. I'd like to know more about the following:
  1. We had several requests for support of Fate Accelerated Edition in the thread. My original assumption was that it wouldn't be useful to support FAE because the game is so simple, but apparently a bunch of you think otherwise. What do you see the big benefit of FAE support in Hero Lab is?
  2. A number of people asked about custom campaigns. You can currently implement custom campaigns in one of two ways. The Easy Way is to go to the Personal tab and add permanent adjustments to adjust the campaign to your liking. The Slightly Less Easy Way is to use Hero Lab's integrated editor (find it on the Tools menu) for building your campaign exactly to your liking, which you can then distribute to your friends.
  3. One thing I saw a couple of requests for is "Break columns while advancing a character". Does that mean when advancing you want to ignore the column restrictions entirely? Or something else?
  4. Several people asked for "Extras". For everyone who wanted Extras, it sounds like some of you meant that you wanted a table to which you could add anything you want, and track a numeric value along with it. Would that satisfy what you need, or would you need something more complex?
  5. Another common request was "The Fate Fractal - Using fate attributes to make sidekicks, vehicles, special weapons, and so forth". How exactly would this work?

Thanks for your feedback, everyone! If you have more suggestions or ideas, feel free to share them here also.
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote