Thread: Question
View Single Post
dungeonguru

Old July 7th, 2018, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorBland View Post
My question is, how do i add class features to a Feat but on a far more limited scale? my idea is to add some more custimization and freedom in some players without having to multiclass if they do not want to.
So, semi-Gestalting, usually this unbalances character power levels and isn't something I recommend unless you live in a really low-population area and can't find a 4th or 5th player. Anyway, recommendations to not do it aside, here is the way I might do it:

Quote:
ARCANE STUDENT:
Requires the ability to cast at least one spell
Gain 1 Arcane Tradition from the Wizards Class. You gain the second level power of that Tradition but you do not gain more later on.
For this one you can bootstrap all the 2nd level abilities from the Class specials from Wizards to the Feat. Add an Array Based Menu with each row of the menu being the name of one of the schools (Abjuration on line 0, Conjuration on line 1, etc.). Then go into each of your bootstraps and set the conditions to be appropriate to the usrIndex chosen. (for Abjuration in my example, the condition would be fieldval:usrIndex = 0, Conjuration would be fieldval:usrIndex = 1, etc...). As always timing is going to be odd, but I think you're OK post-level, since these are added post-level to a wizard... I think.

Quote:
KI SENSITIVE
You gain 2 Ki points (If you already have this class feature, gain 2 more)
You can learn one Ki Feature fro this list; Flurry of Blows, Patient Defense, or Step of the Wind, and can use it as if you were the Monk Class. you regain them after a short or long rest.
This one is more tricky. First you have to check to see if the class has the trkKi or the monk's ki ability - probably using the #hasability[] macro. Then if they do, you just += 2 to the trkMax value of the tracker (Hint: go to the Class Special tab and copy the Ki ability to see how the monk actually adds to the tracker). Otherwise you need to add the tracker and set the same value to 2.
Then you do the same as above for the Arcane Student feat, bootstrap the class abilities to the feat, put a conditional that looks for the usrIndex value from the list you type in.
dungeonguru is offline   #12 Reply With Quote