View Single Post
Sendric

Old January 13th, 2014, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
doesn't work for me.
I have to uncheck secret to get it to work, and dont generate pre-requisite is unchecked.
That's strange. Oh well, I'm glad you have it working for you at least.

[QUOTE]
The script mostly works now, there are a few races that wont work with
hero.tagis[Race.?]. Like Grimlock, Hobgoblin, Centaur Koa-toan etc..

Some of the regions check for non-standard races. And the tagis[Race.?] <> 0 doesnt seem to work for bootstrap conditions, it probably uses a different syntax. But I'll figure that out through trial and error (i hope).

Other than that, I'm good and just about ready to move on to Feats./quote]

It's possible something with these races wasn't set up properly. I'll take a look at them and see if anything out of the ordinary is going on.

Quote:
Although, I do have a non-code related question. Do you think I should create each indivudual Knoweldge Local (region name) as its own new skill or just bootstrap knowledge local as 'always a class skill?' The Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting seems to list them as separate.
To be honest, I don't really have a preference. I haven't played much in the Forgotten Realms setting, and don't know how much it matters. To me, it seems like something the players could keep track of rather than having to input all those different skills.

Quote:
Beyond that I want to thank you for your help for this issue. I will post the finished .user file here when I get the regions working fully.
More than happy to help. A lot of people have been clamoring for Forgotten Realms material, and I just haven't had the time to delve into it. Anything I can do to help someone else enter it is my pleasure.
Sendric is offline   #30 Reply With Quote