View Single Post
Sendric

Old May 14th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy2k View Post
Having looked at the psi-classes a little, I've come to a curious conclusion. My home-made Swordsage, which uses power points in place of maneuvers, get one extra power-point, no matter the level of the character. Should have 4 at the start, has 5, should have 20 at the end, has 21, the end noted as level 20, of course.

This is, of itself, peculiar.

However, the REAL psionic classes seems to get a climbing amount. The Psion and Wilder should have 2, at level 1, and gets 3. At the end, they should have 343 points, but get 352. That's 9 too many.
Psychic Warriors should have 0 and 127, and get 1 and 133, making it 6 too many.

Interestingly enough, if you add enough of its bonus attribute to give it 1 mod-point, they correct themselves. At that point, they should have 10 more than the 'proper' number of points, and they do, 353 and 137.

The problem occurs in prestige classes, the ones that use power points, too.
Yes, I think what you are saying and I what I reported above is the same thing. Unfortunately, the only way to fix this from what I can tell is to modify each class individually. I could do that I suppose, but it wouldn't solve your problem. You should create an eval script on your class to reduce the power point total by the appropriate amount if the main attribute is below 12 (or possibly just 10 or 11, you may have to fiddle with it).

Edit: simply subtracting 1 doesn't work. There appears to some sort of weird calculations going on beneath the hood. I'll try to figure something out and will post here when I have something.

Last edited by Sendric; May 14th, 2013 at 10:14 AM.
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote