View Single Post
ultodrago

Old July 9th, 2020, 10:20 AM
So I was wanting to try and duplicate the Oath Against Chaos Paladin's Smite Chaos in order to learn some things about how it works. Unfortunately, it seems like it just... doesn't work when replicated?

My current issue is the fact that, according to the Oath Against Chaos archetype, it grabs cSmiteCha multiple times at specific levels. When I replicated that, alongside a direct copy of the eval scripts for Smite Chaos, it works when one instance of Smite Chaos exists at all, but then breaks if there's more than 1. As far as I'm aware I'm duplicating the archetype as-is when it comes to Smite Chaos and how it implements it, but as soon as I put in a second instance on the chain, it breaks.

Can someone explain what's going wrong here? Below is the code, as taken from a "New (Copy)" of cPalSmiCha.
Code:
      field[listname].text = "Smite Chaos (" & field[xIndex].value & "/day)"

~only run the rest for the first copy
      doneif (tagis[Helper.FirstCopy] = 0)

~ If we're not shown, just get out now
      doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)

~ Generate our damage bonus
      field[abValue].value += field[xAllLev].value

~ Generate our to-hit and AC bonuses
      field[abValue2].value += maximum(hero.child[aCHA].field[aModBonus].value,0)
      field[abValue3].value += maximum(hero.child[aCHA].field[aModBonus].value,0)

field[abSumm].text = signed(field[abValue2].value) & " to hit, " & signed(field[abValue].value) & " to damage, " & signed(field[abValue3].value) & " deflection bonus to AC when used."

if (field[abilActive].value + field[abilAct2].value <> 0) then
        hero.child[Damage].field[Bonus].value += field[abValue].value
        hero.child[Attack].field[Bonus].value += field[abValue2].value
        #applybonus[tACDeflect, hero.child[ArmorClass],  field[abValue3].value]

~ if the target is an evil dragon, evil outsider, or undead, add the
        ~ damage bonus again
        if (field[abilAct2].value <> 0) then
          hero.child[Damage].field[Bonus].value += field[abValue].value
          endif
        endif
ultodrago is offline   #1 Reply With Quote