View Single Post
McTaff

Old August 15th, 2011, 03:40 AM
A little left field... and not exactly RW, but seeing as RW would be my third LW program... Have you guys tried implementing a Lone Wolf "program manager"? (Lets call it the Manager Program for the purposes of me keeping my story straight)

I'm not really thinking along the lines of Impulse or Steam, just something, if launched, opens up a small slick window with a little menu of all of your LW programs with some functions:
- The Manager Program icon can be docked to my taskbar (preferably the system tray)
- Can launch any of the LW programs directly from a context menu from the Manager Program icon itself (i.e. without launching the Manager Program), or from within the Manager Program once it is opened (naturally)
- Allows you to update any LW program without launching the LW program itself (and perhaps has the potential to perform scheduled updates for valid licences during system down/idle time)
- If a program is selected within the Manager Program, it shows an info screen that tells me everything I have installed for that specific program (with a readout of when my licence is due for renewal if applicable, what data packages I have installed, and what others are available, etc. without having to launching a browser window.)
- also shows useful links once a program is selected (FAQ, Forum, Purchase Data Packages, Help, etc)

It's late and I'm tired and rambling on, but it makes perfect sense in my head. Now if I could just get my fingers to say what I mean....
McTaff is offline   #39 Reply With Quote