View Single Post
TobyFox2002

Old July 28th, 2019, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
I have also looked a bit at 3rd party content for the Kingdom rules, specifically Ultimate Rulership. The issue, as I understand it, is that some of the rules are more like Pathfinder Unchained - alternates, rather than expansions. For example, the Edicts rules replace the operations of the UC Edits, rather than expand or alter them slightly.

With HeroLab becoming HeroLab Classic, maybe it would be possible to devote some resources to expanding the Editor into areas that are currently "hack the XML" tasks?

Another I can think of is casting implements. I've prepared a part of the Genius Guide to Runestaves and Wyrdwands, but cannot complete it with my current knowledge. The issue there is that these items operate like custom Weapons and Armor (as in, there are enhancement bonuses, and abilities that operate as equivalent to enhancement bonuses, and abilities that are a flat gold cost to add) ... but the base price is 1500 gp instead of 1000 or 2000 gp. I'd like to be able to replicate the UI for custom weapons and armor with these as a new category. The closest I have been able to come is to make them a type of weapon.
Yeah, I'm tackling Ult Rulership right now.. The replacement edicts, I've already completed coding those 100%. I just removed the default options added my own and updated the output.. I am not really happy with some of it because the kingdom content doesnt have the flexibility required in terms of Tags and fields, perhaps there is a way I can add additional tags to exsisting groups or create new fields for things, I dont know, I have not messed around with any of that. The closest I've ever come to that is twiddling with a code snippet to add a seventh ability score to HL for Appearence (book of erotic fantasy). It didn't go very well, mostly for cosmetic reasons. I didn't like that it completely rearranged the order of the ability scores. Rather petty i know.

Anyways, I want to try and create the Ult. Rulership both as a learning exercise for some of HL more advanced coding concepts and because.. Well Ult. Rule is an awesome book.

Right now I am having trouble with the hexes and settlement gizmos, I need to be able to remotely fiddle with fields and tags on buildings and improvements, but I cant quite get as far down as the buildings, I can target (transition?) to settlements and pick out settlements but I cant seem to be able to transition to the buildings and improvements in specific settlements (I have another post asking about that).
TobyFox2002 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote