View Single Post
Exmortis

Old September 21st, 2020, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
I really do not mind those who are most interested paying for the new features that will bring in new users.

Mandatory subscription models are, to be nice about it, hated.
Maybe, but reality around us shows they are successful, so much so almost everything is using them.

it does not have to be mandatory, if you don't pay you don't get updates, make it yearly so you pay for a year to get updates (could be monthly payment but 1 year term).

I guess my friend what do you hate more? RW left to rot in the annals of gaming history, or spending a few bucks and see it to fruition?

I get Robs statement, RW doesn't generate enough money to bring in a profit, business don't survive on air, they need profits. So, a sub model maybe the way for RW to bring in a modest cash flow for modest development. There is hope that improved RW will then generate more subs.

But I ask Rob to remember for some us, RW is not a $50 piece of software, add up my subs, initial purchase and my store purchases it represents a much larger investment. Hence greater disappointment (not enough to warrant personal attacks however).

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #53 Reply With Quote