View Single Post
daplunk

Old January 26th, 2017, 02:34 AM
Hi Team,

Looking for some input on how people think this should be done.

Let's say we have something like the D&D Adventure's League. A heap of small adventures that for all intensive purposes should be provided as a separate Export file.

How would you organise it all?

For example.

There's a base pack this is being prepared in. The campaign world.

Then on top of that I'm building the adventures.

Now if i just go and add the adventures into the mechanics section where everything 'should' go. Well that will become a management issue when the time comes to separate everything into individual adventures.

I want everything to be in this thing though. Because of linking. Having 10 adventures entered who are all linking to each other and then exported individually that can later be imported and the links start working again is great.

Ideally the Mechanics Sources looks useful. Using that as a parent of all mechanical items that come with the adventure work's visually to separate everything and that will make everything easy to export.

But...

The categories exist for a reason and it's preferable to use those.

Perhaps I need to create the Export tag at the start of the process and just tag the articles as I create them.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #1 Reply With Quote