View Single Post
Indus101

Old November 29th, 2014, 03:56 PM
Just want to point out that, even with the current limitations of the Player Edition, for all that Realmworks does, it is very reasonably priced and very useful product. I have it hooked up to a projector during our game sessions, and make great use of the Fog of World feature. From an organizational stand-point it is superb, and the interfacing with Hero Lab makes combat a lot smoother. Like Teresa, I also use it outside gaming as a replacement for older hypertext programs I would use to track notes for books or novels.

Does it lack features that would be nice? Absolutely. And I'm not discounting any of the criticisms by evildmguy or anyone else in the thread. I think those issues need to be addressed, and I think many of them will be in time.

But it will take time. LWD is a small developer building an enormous, very ambitious piece of software for what is a niche-market. The customer base isn't going to be large enough to support a team of ninety developers working the weekends to fix things. It's too bad all those millions logging into World of Warcraft don't discover the joy of table-top gaming and bring their money here, but it is what it is....

So make sure your voice is heard on that development priority survey that's coming (and make sure a customizable calendar is part of your vote! )
Indus101 is offline   #59 Reply With Quote